[Lustre-discuss] x4540 (thor) panic

Daniel Kobras kobras at linux.de
Mon Jun 15 01:08:16 PDT 2009

Hi!

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 10:08:30AM -0400, Brock Palen wrote:
> I attached a screen shot of the dump from console,  its incomplete
> though.
> Should I just update the server to 1.6.7.2 ?  Just strange that the
> two x4500 had no issues, but the x4540 does

The X4500 comes with Intel NICs while the X4540 is equipped with NVidia
chips. The Linux driver for the latter reportedly isn't well tuned.
Bumping parameter max_interrupt_work of the forcedeth module to 100
cured stability problems for us. That's on a RHEL5-based system, though.
Not sure how the driver in RHEL5 fares, but it might still be worth a try.

Regards,

Daniel.