[Lustre-discuss] Lustre installation and configuration problems

Carlos Santana neubyr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 14:07:17 PDT 2009

Hello list,

I am struggling to install Lustre 1.8 on a CentOS 5.2 box. I am referring to
Lustre manual  http://manual.lustre.org/index.php?title=Main_Page and Lustre
HowTo http://wiki.lustre.org/index.php/Lustre_Howto guide. Following is the
installation order and warning/error messages (if any) associated with it.
 - kernel-lustre patch
 - luster-module: http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/8UJ
 - lustre-ldiskfs http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/8UK
 - lustre-utilities
 - e2fsprogs: http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/8UL

I did not see any test examples under /usr/lib/lustre/examples directory as
mentioned in the HowTo document. In fact, I do not have 'examples' dir at
all. So I skipped to
http://wiki.lustre.org/index.php/Lustre_Howto#Using_Supplied_Configuration_Toolssection.
But I did not have lmc, lconf, and lctl commands either. Any clues
on how should I proceed with installation and configuration? Is there any
guide for step-by-step installation? Feedback/comments welcome.

Thanks,
CS.