[Lustre-discuss] Lustre installation and configuration problems

Carlos Santana neubyr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 11:21:14 PDT 2009

I was able to run lustre_rmmod and depmod successfully. The '$lctl
list_nids' returned the server ip address and interface (tcp0).

I tried to mount the file system on a remote client, but it failed with the
following message.
--- ---
[root at localhost ~]# mount -t lustre 10.0.0.42 at tcp0:/lustre /mnt/lustre
mount.lustre: mount 10.0.0.42 at tcp0:/lustre at /mnt/lustre failed: No such
device
Are the lustre modules loaded?
Check /etc/modprobe.conf and /proc/filesystems
Note 'alias lustre llite' should be removed from modprobe.conf
--- ---

However, the mounting is successful on a single node configuration - with
client on the same machine as MDS and OST.
Any clues? Where to look for logs and debug messages?

Thanks,
CS.