[Lustre-discuss] Lustre installation and configuration problems

Carlos Santana neubyr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 12:09:50 PDT 2009

The lctlt ping and 'net up' failed with the following messages:
--- ---
[root at localhost ~]# lctl ping 10.0.0.42
opening /dev/lnet failed: No such device
hint: the kernel modules may not be loaded
failed to ping 10.0.0.42 at tcp: No such device

[root at localhost ~]# lctl network up
opening /dev/lnet failed: No such device
hint: the kernel modules may not be loaded
LNET configure error 19: No such device
--- ---

I tried lustre_rmmod and depmod commands and it did not return any error
messages. Any further clues? Reinstall patchless client again?

-
CS.