[Lustre-discuss] Lustre installation and configuration problems

Cliff White Cliff.White at Sun.COM
Wed Jun 17 12:31:00 PDT 2009

Carlos Santana wrote:
> Thanks Cliff.
>
> The depmod -a was successful before as well. I am using CentOS 5.2
> box. Following are the packages installed:
> [root at localhost tmp]# rpm -qa | grep -i lustre
> lustre-modules-1.8.0-2.6.18_92.1.17.el5_lustre.1.8.0smp
> lustre-1.8.0-2.6.18_92.1.17.el5_lustre.1.8.0smp

Those are server modules. You would need to add lustre-kernel-smp for
that to work

For a client, you install the matching vendor kernel, then:
lustre-client-modules
lustre-client

For a server, you need
lustre-kernel-smp
lustre-modules
lustre-
ldiskfs-

And as others have mentioned in this thread, kernel version must match
exactly. Check /lib/modules - if you have a mis-match, there will be an
extra directory there.

cliffw