[Lustre-discuss] MDT backup procedure

Daniel Kulinski dank at weinmangeoscience.com
Wed Jun 17 15:28:07 PDT 2009

Thanks for this verbose reply.  It is exactly what I needed and what I suspected I would run into.  We are planning on multiple backup procedures.  Users will backup at checkpoints in their work flow, IT will backup the MDT nightly and we are also looking at the possibility of backup the complete file system.

Thanks again for everyone's input, this gives me some good ammunition going forward for proposals.

Thanks,
  Dan Kulinski