[Lustre-discuss] Benchmarking lustre with iozone

Mon Jun 22 10:04:22 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-19 at 12:32 +0100, Christopher J.Walker wrote:
> With debugging turned on, I saw one packet missing in the
> output when it had hung. Unfortunately, on a network I'm saturating with
> lustre traffic, the odd packet UDP packet is bound to get lost...

Why not use a multi-node benchmark that uses something with more
reliable delivery than a(n itself unreliable) protocol built on an
unreliable transport?

IOR would fit this bill as it uses MPI for interclient communications,
which itself will use rsh (or equivalent) as it's internode transport.

b.