[Lustre-discuss] InfiniBand QoS with Lustre ko2iblnd.

Isaac Huang He.Huang at Sun.COM
Thu Jun 25 11:49:06 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 09:46:19AM +0200, S?bastien Buisson wrote:
> The peer's port information could be stored in the kib_peer_t structure.
> That way, it would be possible to make clients connect to servers which
> listen on different ports.
> What do you think?

At this point it can't be done. But we have in our development plans
to implement dynamic LNet configuration which includes per-NI options
(i.e. it'd be possible to specify the 'service' option on a per-NI
basis instead of being just LND global), and once it's implemented
you'd be able to specify different 'service' option if you'd create
two server networks for the two FS.

For your current concern of setting up different SLs, I'd believe that
it could be achieved via target GUIDs as mentioned in my previous reply.

Hope this helps,
Isaac