[Lustre-discuss] Lustre, its ldiskfs Module and Debian Lenny

mozafar roshany m.roshany at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 11:29:10 PDT 2009

Hi all...

I'm working on Lustre in Debian Lenny these days.
The major problem is that the packages at sun websites are for RHEL
and for the kernel versions lower than 2.6.22 ...

The lustre packages exist on debian mirror and I did used the
lustre-source README file procedure to build lustre modules.

The linux-patch-lustre package contains the patches for 2.6.18 ,
2.6.20 and 2.6.22 , while my Lenny kernel verision is 2.6.26 . Any
way, I did this dirty work and created a 2.6.26 symlink to apply patch
to my kernel... Everything went well and I booted to new kernel and
loaded "lnet" and "lustre" kernel modules successfully, but there was
NO "ldiskfs" module which the mkfs.lustre utility complains about when
creating lustre file systems.

So my question is: can one install lustre on new disros like lenny
with such new kernels? what's the solution?

I said the main issues; if more infos needed, I'll write other details.

Thank you in advance for any help.