[Lustre-discuss] Lustre, its ldiskfs Module and Debian Lenny

Markus Kraemer mkraemer at e18.physik.tu-muenchen.de
Mon Jun 29 00:08:24 PDT 2009

If you do not stick to the 1.8 release for lustre clients you can
backport the 1.6.7-2 lustre packages ship with sid. The patchless client
works well with the stock kernel of lenny and should be compatible to
1.8 servers.

But since I have to build a new Lustre server kernel in the near future
and I would prefer  to go for the 2.6.27 kernel, which is supported by
lustre 1.8.1, I wonder where one can get the source of sles11 kernel,
which will be supported officially. Will there be support for vanilla
kernel as well? Is there any time estimation for the 1.8.1 release?

Regards

Markus Kraemer