[Lustre-discuss] errors on mds and osses regarding to cheksum and decreased stripe counts

Ender Güler enderguler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 08:35:08 PDT 2009

Hi there,

We have lustre 1.6.5.1 installation on RHEL 5.1. The interconnect is
infiniband. I came across the errors like following, on mds:

Lustre: 21241:0:(lov_qos.c:427:qos_shrink_lsm()) using fewer stripes for
object 103514695: old 8 new 6

And here is the errors regarding to checksum, on one of the ost's:
LustreError: 12397:0:(ost_handler.c:1225:ost_brw_write()) client csum
41d0fa49, original server csum e388fa92, server csum now e388fa92

We set the stripe count to 8 at the installation time.

I've googled but could not find any relevant information regarding to source
of the problem (by the way, I assume that it's a problem)

Have you encounter log messages like these, before? What could be wrong? And
how could the problem be solved? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ender GULER
System Administrator
National Center for HPC of Turkey