[Lustre-discuss] Error using mkfs.lustre

Rayentray Tappa rtappa.ascentio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 07:00:23 PST 2009

People,
despite all the doubts I thought it would be a good idea to start
configuring something so I decided to go for the mdt+mgs server first
(later i'll need to ask some things in order to configure an mds
failover: is it only the mds which i need to back up, or also mdt? what
about mgs?)
mkfs.lustre isn't in my path (not for my user nor for root). I tried
running /usr/sbin/mkfs.lustre but the script won't work cause it can't
find mkfs.ext2
sould mkfs.ext2 be already installed in my server? should i install it
myself? should have the installer added /usr/sbin to my path? given it
didn't, should i add it myself?
Thanks,

	ra