[Lustre-discuss] e2scan for cleaning scratch space

Daire Byrne Daire.Byrne at framestore.com
Wed Mar 4 11:19:36 PST 2009

Brock,

----- "Brock Palen" <brockp at umich.edu> wrote:

> e2scan will show me all the files that have changed from a date, but
> I want to know all the files that have not changed sense some date.
> The goal is to make a system for purging scratch spaces that is fast,
> and minimum wear on the filesystem.

> How are groups doing this now?  Are you using e2scan?
> Is there a way to have e2scan not only list the file but also the
> mtime/ctime in the log file, so that we can sort oldest to newest?

e2scan can dump it's findings to a sqlite DB which has the ctime/mtime
info in it. But you'll need to write some logic to construct the
filepaths because everything is stored with inode number as the index.
There is code in e2scan that can probably be recycled for that purpose
though. So I suppose you would get e2scan to create the DB and then a
custom app would search by ctime/mtime and spit out the full file path.

Daire