[Lustre-discuss] Huge Sparse files in ROOT partition of MDT

Nirmal Seenu nirmal at fnal.gov
Sat Mar 7 07:00:07 PST 2009

Thanks for that explanation. It would be nice if this detail gets
included in the Quota section of the Lustre Manual rather than users
getting surprised by the huge tar files in the archives.

Is there a easy way to roll back the changes made by "lfs quotacheck"
command where the huge sparse files are converted back into 0 byte files
on the MDT?

Thanks
Nirmal