[Lustre-discuss] Any production DRBD/Lustre deployments?

Jordan Mendler jmendler at ucla.edu
Sat Mar 7 19:42:11 PST 2009

Hi all,
I did some searching and found mixed things about DRBD with Lustre. In
particular, has anyone successfully been using this configuration in a
production environment?

On paper, I would like to do something like mirroring of Thumper-like
systems, and then striping across several of these 'pairs'.
For redundancy at both the drive and system level, essentially a stack
of: (a) each server has a 'local' RAID6 (b) For every 'active' server, there
is a 2nd that serves in a DRBD network RAID1 mirror for failover of both the
OSS and the OST on the same system (through heartbeat) (c) Lustre striping
across several of these groups.

Any successful deployments like this? From my search, the limited info I can
find on DRBD with Lustre seems more experimental.

Thanks so much,
Jordan