[Lustre-discuss] Delete file entries from Metadata server

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Wed Mar 11 20:59:01 PDT 2009

On Mar 11, 2009  19:33 +0100, Reto Gantenbein wrote:
> We recently had a hardware defect on one of our storage arrays which
> broke the file system on this device. After running e2fsck on the file
> system, I was able to mount the device again as lustre file system.
> However, a lot of data was written into the lost+found. Now we have a
> problem, that the MDS however didn't recognize that these files are
> not available anymore and so still lists them. But then they are not
> accessible which results in a I/O-Error.

If the objects are in lost+found on the OST then I'd suggest first
to use the "ll_recover_lost_found_objs" on the filesystem (unmounted
from Lustre, mounted locally as "-t ldiskfs").  This will recover a
majority of your objects (=file data).

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.