[Lustre-discuss] Adding OSTs problem

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 12:05:35 PDT 2009

I have added 2 volumes onto my existing filesystem.

mkfs.lustre --fsname lfs002 --ost --mgsnode=mgs01 at tcp /dev/lustrevg/lv03
mkfs.lustre --fsname lfs002 --ost --mgsnode=mgs01 at tcp /dev/lustrevg/lv04

I even managed to mount up the OSTS (each are 2TB)

However, on the clients we don't see the extra 4TB.

I am not sure whats going on.

On the OST:
I can see the new OSTs mounted up properly

/proc/fs/lustre/obdfilter/lfs002* I see the mounted filesystem device
on mntdev in the /proc/filesystem

I even managed to reboot the MDS and OSS and the clients still no go.
I **think** on my MDS I see the new OSS too, just not on the clients.

Is there anything I should be looking at?

TIA