[Lustre-discuss] RHEL4 build of lustre patched e2fsprogs

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Mon Mar 16 14:33:46 PDT 2009

I am trying to install the a newer version of e2fsprogs to see if the
e2scan in newer versions were built with sqlite (the rpm I got when I
built the cluster did not).

The new rpm:
e2fsprogs-1.40.11.sun1-0redhat.x86_64.rpm

Appears to built against versions of berkdb  (not sqlite now?) that
is newer than is part of RHEL4.
error: Failed dependencies:
         libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit) is needed by
e2fsprogs-1.40.11.sun1-0redhat.x86_64
         libdb-4.3.so()(64bit) is needed by
e2fsprogs-1.40.11.sun1-0redhat.x86_64
         rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by
e2fsprogs-1.40.11.sun1-0redhat.x86_64

up2date says that db4-4.2  is all that is available of rhel4 stock
from redhat with updates. Not 4.3  not good.
The libc error is funny also because as far as I can tell /lib64/
libc.so.6  is just that...

In any-case, I could only install if I said nodeps,  but that is
getting just silly.

Does anyone have a working patched e2fsprogs from rhel4?

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp at umich.edu