[Lustre-discuss] damiana headnode new security mechanism at 6.March

Nico Budewitz Nico.Budewitz at aei.mpg.de
Fri Mar 20 03:18:20 PDT 2009

Hallo,

this is private and not meant to be public:

I will shutdown the damiana headnode at March the 6th, because I will
implement a new security feature. This can only be done, when the
headnode is booted read only. After this I will run the initial process
to setup a very special database and I will compare the results with an
identical plain sl50 system. This takes probably 1 hour after this I
will reboot the headnode again and you can use it as usual.

This will help to monitor security manipulations and rootkits.
So long!

---
"la lykken gro, som gresset bak do"

Nico Budewitz
Cluster Administrator
Max-Planck-Institute for Gravitational Physics / Albert-Einstein-
Institute
Am Muehlenberg 1, 14476 Golm
Tel.: +49 (0)331 567 7364 Fax: +49 (0)331 567 7297
http://supercomputers.aei.mpg.de