[Lustre-discuss] Lustre on SLES 11

Wed Mar 25 04:14:50 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 14:35 -0700, Sadek, Abdel wrote:
> Hello;

Hi,

> Is Lustre supported on SLES 11?

Not yet.

> If not, when will it be supported?

I'm not too involved in release schedules myself so maybe somebody else
who is can help answer that one.

> Also, what version of OFED will it support?

Likely 1.4.1, unless we manage to get a SLES 11 supported Lustre release
out before OFED 1.4.1 is GA.

> SLES 11 comes with OFED 1.4, since there are issues getting Lustre to
> work with it; will that require downgrading to OFED 1.3.1?

The only issues Lustre has with OFED 1.4.0 are build related issues, so
if SLES 11 has packaged OFED 1.4 into their kernel tree, it is entirely
likely that that will work.  I don't think we've done any testing in
that area however, so we still have reservations.

b.