[Lustre-discuss] Building 1.6.7 from source - errors

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Fri Mar 27 07:05:01 PDT 2009

I built 1.6.7 from source against a 2.6.22.14 kernel from kernel.org. The
build finished and I installed them, however when I try to make the meta
server or modprobe the lustre module, I get unknown symbol and version
errors in dmesg:

libcfs: disagrees about version of symbol sock_map_fd
libcfs: Unknown symbol sock_map_fd
libcfs: disagrees about version of symbol sock_create
libcfs: Unknown symbol sock_create
libcfs: disagrees about version of symbol sock_sendmsg
libcfs: Unknown symbol sock_sendmsg
libcfs: disagrees about version of symbol sock_recvmsg
libcfs: Unknown symbol sock_recvmsg
libcfs: disagrees about version of symbol sock_release
libcfs: Unknown symbol sock_release
libcfs: disagrees about version of symbol sock_create_lite
libcfs: Unknown symbol sock_create_lite
libcfs: disagrees about version of symbol sock_setsockopt
libcfs: Unknown symbol sock_setsockopt
lvfs: Unknown symbol lbug_with_loc
lvfs: Unknown symbol libcfs_assertion_failed
lvfs: Unknown symbol cfs_free
lvfs: Unknown symbol cfs_alloc

--
Jeremy Mann