[Lustre-discuss] Data corruption?

Nirmal Seenu nirmal at fnal.gov
Fri Mar 27 09:03:43 PDT 2009

 > So you took a copy of an LVM snapshot of an MDT on a live filesystem
 > and then replaced the MDT that you took the snapshot of with the copy
 > on the new partition?

I made most of the work involved in copying the sparse files on the live
system.

 > Hrm.  Whilte it seems that you might have done the right thing it's
 > not clear from your brief description that you did the right things.
 > Did you use the process in the operations manual as a model for your
 > process?

I was following the instruction on your manual on how to backup and
restore. I have done a few successful MDT moves before but nothing that
was done on the live system as it was done in this case.

I have decided to start over on the MDT move and make the move on a
filesystem that is not live. I will perform another lfsck on the new MDT
once the movew is completed.

Thanks.
Nirmal