[Lustre-discuss] Fwd: Simple servers as storage nodes

Mon Mar 30 09:05:58 PDT 2009

Hi.  It was pointed out that perhaps I was misunderstanding your
question/situation.

On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 09:16 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 13:43 +0300, Stas Oskin wrote:
> >
> > What I'm actually look for, is a solution that can take plain Linux
> > boxes, and unify their space into a single volume, with optional
> > replication of every file.

So these Linux boxes you have, do they have a task already or are you
going to dedicate them to the job of serving their disk space out in a
uniform volume?  Do you have any expectations that these Linux boxes
will also be able to access that unified volume or will there be other
Linux machines accessing the unified volume?

b.