[Lustre-discuss] Beginners Question: Mapping Lustre Node <-> DNS Hostname?

Wolfgang Stief wolfgang.stief at best.de
Tue Mar 31 04:38:03 PDT 2009

Hello out there!

For quite a while I'm exploring the Lustre file system and become more
and more fan of it. I'm familiar with other distributed multiple writer
file systems as well and have worked with IBM GPFS, Sun QFS and StorNext
file system (now Quantum, former ADIC).

In Lustre, I frequently experience the following "problem", where I
couldn't find an answer in the manual nor in the Lustre FAQ. Maybe I'm
just blind:

My setup ist TCP based only. Is there an easy way to match the Lustre
node name (testfs-OST0001) with the corresponding IP hostname/domain
(something like lussrv1.some.domain)? I also tried to find something in
the /proc structure on MGS/MDT, OST and Client without success so far.

Thanks for any hints.
wolfgang stief