[Lustre-discuss] Additional RPMs for older kernels

Tue Mar 31 10:25:15 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 16:57 -0700, Jordan Mendler wrote:

> Are there any additional repositories that provide RPMs for older
> kernels?

Not from Sun.

> In particular I am looking of lustre client modules for 1.6.7
> for a 2.6.9-55.0.2 (centos/rhel 4.5) kernel.

You will, in all likelihood have to build those yourself.

> If not, is there a way to build RPMs for just the kernel modules? It
> is my impression that 'make RPMs' builds RPMs for everything.

I'm not sure that I've ever tried it but you can try seeing if the
"--disable-utils" configure flag will be honoured by "make rpms".  I
tend to doubt it though and make rpms will build the utils RPM as well.

Adding a --without utils rpm build option to the spec would be trivial.
Patches will be happily accepted.  :-)

b.