[Lustre-discuss] lustre & ypbind

Tue Mar 31 16:08:42 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 17:00 -0500, Robert Olson wrote:
> here's an odd one. Had a client system reboot, and when it came back
> ypbind was listening on port 988 and a lustre start complained bitterly:

> Has anyone run into this?

Yes.

> I didn't see mention of it in the mailing
> list archives or in bugzilla.

There is a most certainly a long and winding bug about it.  Was filed
and close many years ago.

It's just one of those problems can can't be fixed unless other software
(i.e. the rpc portmapper) wants to accept a fix, which I don't think it
does.  Ideally one should be able to blacklist ports from the
portmapper, but one cannot.

b.