[Lustre-discuss] "Building Lustre, Protocol Basics, and Debugging" presentation

Johann Lombardi johann at Sun.COM
Thu May 7 05:54:15 PDT 2009

On May 7, 2009, at 1:07 PM, Mag Gam wrote:
> What is the purpose of these extra kernel patches?

Add things (ability to register journal callbacks, export some symbols
which are not available to
modules by default, ...) which are needed by Lustre.

> I was under the impression on Lustre patch for the kernel is needed
> for the MDS/OSS.

Yes, those patches are needed on the server side (OSS/MDS) only.

> Where can I find a full list the patches I need to "enchance" our
> OSS/MDS?

hm, not sure to understand what you mean by "enchance", but those
patches are listed
in the series files, under lustre/kernel_patches/series.

Johann