[Lustre-discuss] [ROMIO Req #940] a new Lustre ADIO driver]

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 11 07:28:12 PDT 2009

On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 03:53:40PM -0500, Weikuan Yu wrote:
> Yes, it passed compilation. But there are many errors reported from runtest,
> quite a number of them are only from ad_lustre driver. Attached is an output
> tarball (named as .txt though). It contains the output files from running
> romio/runtests with ad_lustre and ad_ufs drivers separately.

Thanks for sending both the UFS and Lustre tests.  The atomicity,
i_noncontig, noncontig, shared_fp, and ordered_fp failures look like fcntl
locks just don't work on the cray? Both UFS and Lustre say
"ADIOI_Set_lock:: Function not implemented".

That's going to cause some problems not just for atomic mode, but also
for data sieving writes, so I guess it's good the failure is a loud
MPI_ABORT and not a quiet corruption of data

So, the real challenges are coll_test, noncontig_coll, hindexed,
aggregation1, aggregation2, split_coll... basically, collective I/O is
messed up.

hindexed does a collective write followed by an independent read and
that's failing, so we should explore the collective write path first
and make sure that's working.

==rob

--
Rob Latham