[Lustre-discuss] OFED 1.4 Support

Tue May 12 12:23:23 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 15:09 -0400, Roger Spellman wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> Does anyone know the timeframe for OFED 1.4.x support?

Shortly after the OFA releases 1.4.1.  We are waiting for them.

> Will it be supported on the Lustre 1.6 branch,

No.

> or only on the Lustre 1.8 branch?

Yes.

> Will there be any more releases on the 1.6 branch?

1.6.7.2 has just been cut and on it's way to QA.  Give that we will be
supporting 1.6 for another year at least, it's entirely possible that
there will be future 1.6 releases.  But features are now going into 1.8
and 1.6 is sliding into maintenance mode so if you want new features,
you will have to upgrade to 1.8.

b.