[Lustre-discuss] Who's beating up my filesystem?

Jason Hill hilljj at ornl.gov
Wed May 13 05:43:20 PDT 2009

We've seen a couple of instances where login/cluster nodes seem completely
unresponsive when in a directory of a Lustre filesystem. When we're in other
non-lustre directories that very same node seems completely responsive. We've
also correlated those evnets to very high load on the OSS Nodes (>250). Is there
a way to figure out who's beating up the filesystem so that we can help them use
Lustre in a better way?

Thanks,

--
-Jason
//  Jason J. Hill                              //