[Lustre-discuss] Newer vanilla patch for Lustre 1.6.7.1 or 1.8

thhsieh thhsieh at piano.rcas.sinica.edu.tw
Thu May 14 06:34:14 PDT 2009

Dear All,

I apologize that I may have asked the same question again.

We are running Debian Linux cluster. In order to use Lustre we
can only use the vanilla source patch.

We are running Lustre-1.6.6 with vanilla patch for Linux kernel
2.6.22.19 for a couple of months. But since now we have purchased
new hardware (the new disk array card for our OSS servers), which
requires the driver only available in newer kernel releases. However
I cannot find the newer vanilla patches.

I have read the discussions about this issue, which states that
the vanilla patch for newer kernels are under testing. May I ask
that what is the current status of those patches? Could those
patches be available for us to test as well ?

Thanks very much for your kindly attention.

Cheers,

T.H.Hsieh