[Lustre-discuss] Announce: e2fsprogs 1.41.5.sun2

Ramiro Alba Queipo raq at cttc.upc.edu
Fri May 15 08:19:55 PDT 2009

Hi Guy,

On Fri, 2009-05-15 at 09:11 +0100, Guy Coates wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is the source available for the sun patches? The I can find the pristine
> upstream sources, but the lustre download site only has the
> e2fsprogs-1.41.5.sun1-patches tarball.
>
> Cheers,

I've downloaded
http://downloads.lustre.org/public/tools/e2fsprogs/1.41.5.sun2/e2fsprogs-1.41.5.sun2-0redhat.src.rpm
and then made a Debian package for Ubuntu 8.04 adm64 (Thanks for your
documentation at lutre-discuss-list with the subject 'lustre + debian').
This source is already patched.

It seems to work for my installation:

I am using Lustre 1.6.7 from
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=lustre&searchon=names&suite=testing&section=all
and OFED-1.3.1 compiled for kernel 2.6.22.14.
The OSTs are 4 DDN 9900 tiers with Infiniband ports

I had some problems when using e2fsprogs-1.41.5.sun1-patches tarball and
trying to activate 'mmp' by using 'tune2fs -O mmp <device file>' until I
discovered that formating OSTs with the --failnode parameter, the MMP
feature was automatically enabled. Did you have the same problem?
Now, with the latest patches I deactivated (tune2fs -O ^mmp <device
file>) and activated back with no apparent problems, except much more
delay when mounting the first time.

Nowadays I am not yet in production stage

Cheers
--
Ramiro Alba

Centre Tecnològic de Tranferència de Calor
http://www.cttc.upc.edu

Escola Tècnica Superior d'Enginyeries
Industrial i Aeronàutica de Terrassa
Colom 11, E-08222, Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
Tel: (+34) 93 739 86 46

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,