[Lustre-discuss] quota problem 1.6.7.1

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Mon May 18 11:54:00 PDT 2009

Hi all,

after several attempts to enable quotas on our  1.6.7.1-cluster - alway
blows up the MDS, I've complained earlier on this list - the MDT now
keeps sending these messages

 lustre kernel: LustreError:
3825:0:(ldlm_lib.c:1840:target_handle_dqacq_callback()) dqacq failed!
(rc:-5)

Approximately at a frequency of 1 Hz, so I fear for the space on /var if
this goes on.

On the other hand, the file system seems to be quite usable in this
situation, so we would just forget about the messy quota thing, but
would like to retain readability of the Lustre log.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Thomas