[Lustre-discuss] InfiniBand QoS with Lustre ko2iblnd.

Isaac Huang He.Huang at Sun.COM
Tue May 19 12:48:10 PDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 05:55:21PM +0200, S??bastien Buisson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We took a slightly different approach to deal with IB QoS in Lustre.
>
> We decided to assign a specific service-id to Lustre: in ofa-kernel we
> added a new value in the rdma_port_space enum, that we called
> RDMA_PS_LUSTRE. Then we modified the calls to rdma_create_id in
> o2iblnd.c and o2iblnd_cb.c to use this new port space value instead of
> RDMA_PS_TCP (well, we did a little more than that in the Lustre code,
> because we wanted the service-id to be a ko2iblnd module parameter, so
> we added some stuff in o2iblnd_modparams.c for instance).

Maybe I missed something, but it seemed to me an overkill to specify
service-id this way. Without any code changes, you might figure out
the service-id by the ko2iblnd 'service' option:
rdma_resolve_route->cma_resolve_ib_route->cma_query_ib_route->cma_get_service_id

Isaac