[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.8.0 and RHEL4

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Fri May 22 14:43:31 PDT 2009

On May 21, 2009  09:45 +0200, Marek Magryś wrote:
> I've noticed that on the compatibility table on lustre.org, Lustre 1.8.0
> and RHEL4 are marked as not supported. On my site I have clients running
> RHEL4, so does it mean that the new Lustre won't work, or just that
> there won't be any compiled RPMs available on the website?

Compiled Lustre 1.8.0 RPMs are not available for RHEL4.  It should work
fine, but this is not a configuration we are providing official support
for.  The reason is that RHEL4 is at the end of its main support period,
and we don't want new Lustre installations to start using 1.8.0 + RHEL4.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.