[Lustre-discuss] [ROMIO Req #940] a new Lustre ADIO driver]

pascal.deveze at bull.net pascal.deveze at bull.net
Wed May 27 01:15:29 PDT 2009

Hi,

I downloaded the last version of the Lustre ADIO driver on mpich2-1.1rc1.

I saw that the parametre len_list_ptr of function ADIOI_Calc_my_off_len()
has been modified in include/adioi.h:
int **len_list_ptr (32 bits)  has been changed to
ADIO_Offset **len_list_ptr (64 bits)

So, I propose to change in ad_lustre_aggregate;c, line 122:
void ADIOI_LUSTRE_Calc_my_req(ADIO_File fd, ADIO_Offset *offset_list,
                              int *len_list, int contig_access_count,
<==== here is the change
                              int *striping_info, int nprocs,
                              int *count_my_req_procs_ptr,
                              int **count_my_req_per_proc_ptr,
                              ADIOI_Access **my_req_ptr,
                              int **buf_idx_ptr)

And in ad_lustre_wrcoll.c, line 84 :

    ADIO_Offset *offset_list = NULL, *st_offsets = NULL, *end_offsets =
NULL, *len_list = NULL;
    int *buf_idx = NULL, *striping_info = NULL;
instead of:
    ADIO_Offset *offset_list = NULL, *st_offsets = NULL, *end_offsets =
NULL;
    int *buf_idx = NULL, *len_list = NULL, *striping_info = NULL;

Without these changes, len_list[i] (where i is 1,3,5,7 ...) in the routine
ADIOI_LUSTRE_Calc_my_req
are null.

I will now pass some tests and I hope make contributions.

Regards,

Pascal DEVEZE
R&D HPC
Bull France