[Lustre-discuss] Help: IP SAN deployment

Mon Nov 2 08:40:27 PST 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-01 at 23:18 +0800, Lee Amy wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi,

> And I have some questions to deploy Lustre on iSCSI. Is there any
> special configuration on target and initiator? Could any one show me
> some cases about such deployments?

Lustre wants a block device.  That's all there is to it.  How you get
iSCSI targets to appear as block devices on Linux really has nothing to
do with Lustre.  Once you have iSCSI targets as block devices on Linux,
you just tell Lustre to use them.

You might get some iSCSI help on this list, but I don't think the number
of iSCSI Lustre deployments is high (compared with direct storage) and
you might find a more iSCSI-targeted list more fruitful.

b.