[Lustre-discuss] move ost in a new oss

Antonio Concas robin at crs4.it
Mon Nov 2 13:46:12 PST 2009

Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 22:04 +0100, Antonio Concas wrote:
>
>> Hi Brian,
>>

> Hi,
>

>> Each oss has 32 Gb of RAM,
>>

> Ahhh.  Good.
>

>> and my hope is to reduce the per OSS OST.
>>

> OK.
>

>> so, the only thing that i've to do is to
>> "Use the writeconf command to erase the configuration logs for the file
>> system.
>> On the MDT"
>>
>> and after that mount ost on new oss?
>>

> Before you erase configuration logs for a filesystem, you must first
> unmount all targets (i.e. bring down the filesystem) and then bring them
> all back up after the writeconf.  The details are in the manual I
> believe.

I've already umounted all targets, and looking in the manual i found
only this:

Changing a Server NID
To change a server NID:
1. Update the LNET configuration in the /etc/modprobe.conf file so the
list of
   server NIDs (lctl list_nids) is correct.
2. Use the writeconf command to erase the configuration logs for the
file system.
   On the MDT, run:
   $ mdt> tunefs.lustre --writeconf <mount point>
   After the writeconf command is run, the configuration logs are
re-generated as
   servers restart, and the current server NIDs are used.
3. If the MGS’s NID was changed, communicate the new MGS location to each
   server. Run:
   tunefs.lustre --erase-param --mgsnode=<new_nid(s)> --writeconf /dev/..

only this, so simple?

> b.

Antonio