[Lustre-discuss] intrepid kernel on jaunty

Tue Nov 3 12:57:15 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 18:48 +0100, Papp Tamás wrote:

> First of all I think, module-assistant as a build dependency is missing
> from the file control.

No.  Because dpkg-buildpackage in the lustre directory doesn't actually
invoke m-a at all.  My "make debs" make target does.  That does not
equate to a build dependency for lustre/debian though.

> Also something wrong about the newest b1_8:
>
> Here is the  end of output after I installed module-assistant:
>
> gcc -g -Wall -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -Wall -g -O2 -O2 -Werror
> -L../../lnet/utils -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -o lshowmount  lshowmount.o
> nidlist.o
> make[5]: *** No rule to make target `ll_decode_filter_fid.o', needed by
> `ll_decode_filter_fid'.  Stop.

Yes.  This looks like a bungled commit of bug 21244.  I have alerted the
developer responsible.

In the meanwhile you can just remove ll_decode_filter_fid from
sbin_PROGRAMS in lustre/utils/Makefile.am

b.