[Lustre-discuss] how to define 60 failnodes

lelustre lelustre at 163.com
Mon Nov 9 00:25:50 PST 2009

    I have 60 nodes to use as OSS ,I have made an experiment : I use a disk(iscsi) to be an OST , if I do not define the failnodes when I use the mkfs.luster command, I mount this ost and at the client node ,lfs df -h can see this OST, but when I umount it and mount the ost to another OSS ,
lfs df -h can not see it again. But if I define the failnodes in the mkfs.luster command, and do the operations above, we can see the OST at the client node using lfs df -h command.
    So my question is :if I want an OST to failover to any OSS (one of sixty nodes),should I need to defined 60 failnodes when I format the disk?or can I use pacemaker to select an oss and modify something to notify client that the disk is on some OSS?