[Lustre-discuss] Network Package loss

Heiko Schröter schroete at iup.physik.uni-bremen.de
Mon Nov 9 05:48:34 PST 2009

Hello,

we do encounter peaks of upto 30% package loss in our Gigabit Network.
This is sporadic, say once every hour remaining for some seconds. We cannot specify if it extends into minutes.
We do relate this to a very high peak load on the net.

Could it be that lustre 'reconnect' messages or 'lnet_try_match_md()' are correlated to this ?
i.e. the mds has problems to match infos between osts and mgs ...
What happens inside lustre when it stumbles across famous 'package loss' on the net ? (Any timeout/retry counters ???)

Regards
Heiko