[Lustre-discuss] Compiling lustre 1.8.1.1 against latest CentOS5 kernel fails.

Michael Robbert mrobbert at mines.edu
Mon Nov 9 12:49:48 PST 2009

I've been following this thread the past few days because I'm in the
process of trying to upgrade to a fully patched RHEL5 kernel and have
been having problems getting Lustre modules compiled. Our Lustre
servers are currently running 1.6.7.2 and I'm hoping to not have to
upgrade those just yet, but will if we need to. Our clients are
managed by Rocks 5.1 so we have the option of using the Mellanox OFED
roll which includes OFED 1.4.1 I believe. Of course we can also use
the in kernel OFED with a little more work. Is there a current
solution that will allow us to build and use Lustre patchless clients
with the most current RHEL5.2 kernel (2.6.18-164.6.1)?

Thanks,
Mike Robbert, CSM HPC & Network Engineer