[Lustre-discuss] Patched Kernel src rpm for 1.8.1.1?

Mon Nov 16 09:51:10 PST 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 17:41 -0500, Erik Froese wrote:
> Brian,

Hi Erik,

> Has there been any update on this? I need that patched kernel source
> to build the SUN RDAC drivers on my OSS's.

I just talked to the release manager and he reports that he has the
packages collected and submitted and in pending status for SDLC.  I'd
imagine it won't be terribly longer until they show up.

> I grabbed the unpatched kernel source tarball and built the drivers
> against those sources but the kernel is still complaining "mppUpper:
> disagrees about version of symbol struct_module".

Yeah.  You can't do that.  If you are going to load the driver into a
patched kernel, you have to build it against the patched kernel.

> I downloaded the lustre source for 1.8.1.1 but didn't see the kernel
> patches in there.

I think you said you found them, but for the record, they are in the
lustre/kernel_patches/...

b.