[Lustre-discuss] (no subject)

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Sat Nov 21 23:13:32 PST 2009

On 2009-11-21, at 23:53, muhammed navas wrote:
> My company having multple cluters running on nfs. we would like to
> test lustre  file system in our cluster. we are using Netapp  for
> storage. i went through lot of lustre docs , most of them are
> talking about local HD storage(OST). may i know how can i implement
> lustre using Netapp as storage(OST)?

This isn't really possible.  Netapp servers are exporting NFS protocol
already, and that isn't what Lustre can use.

The benefit of Lustre is that you can instead use much less expensive
commodity servers to provide the storage, and Lustre will export it as
a single filesystem to clients.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.