[Lustre-discuss] drbd slow I/O with lustre filesystem

Jake Maul jakemaul at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 14:03:29 PDT 2009

Actually now that I think about it, I think the sync speed is for
*rebuilds*, and actually subtracts from available bandwidth usable for
normal replication. So if you're saturating your disk or network with
the rebuild syncer, you won't have much available performance for
normal replication. The DRBD documentation has a rule of thumb... I
think it's 1/3rd of your bandwidth for the syncer.

Jake