[Lustre-discuss] mounting lustre client behind firewall

Yujun Wu yujun at phys.ufl.edu
Mon Oct 12 11:12:08 PDT 2009

Hello,

Could somebody help me with a question? We have a client
node that is behind firewall at a remote location. We
can't access the node unless we log onto a frontend node
within the site. The node itself can see the outside world.
If we try to mount the node, we get the error:

LustreError: 15c-8: MGC128.227.221.13 at tcp: The configuration from log
'lustre-client' failed (-108). This may be the result of communication
errors between this node and the MGS, a bad configuration, or other
errors. See the syslog for more information.

Is there an easy way to mount lustre filesystem remotely
on this node (as lustre client)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Yujun