[Lustre-discuss] lustre servers and client with different rhel release Q?

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Mon Oct 19 11:06:06 PDT 2009

On 19-Oct-09, at 07:42, Dr. Hung-Sheng Tsao wrote:
> Does lustre support  Servers running the latest rhel 5.3 with 1.8.1.1
>> but client only running rhel5.1?
>> Can Client also run 1.8.1.1?
>> can this configuration run OFED 1.4.1 ?

Sun only tests and releases the latest version of Lustre with the latest
version of RHEL available at the time of code freeze.  There is not any
particular reason why an older version of RHEL will not work with a
newer
version of Lustre, but you would need to build the RPMs for that
yourself.

As for OFED 1.4.1, I'm not sure whether that supports RHEL 5.1 or not.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.