[Lustre-discuss] How to find a file by object id

Wed Oct 21 07:03:40 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 11:58 +0100, Wojciech Turek wrote:
> I apologize if this question was answered earlier but I can not find
> it in the mailing list.

I'm pretty sure it's been discussed here and even pointed to a bug I
opened to get this documented in our manual.  It might be there already
in fact.

> I have an object ID and I would like to find file that this object is
> part of. I tried to use lfs find but I can not seem to find right
> combination of options.

As above, there is a bug in bugzilla, the ID of which I don't recall
offhand I'm afraid.  The bug was to have the manual updated, complete
with an entire working example.  Shouldn't be too hard to find.

> Also is there a simple way to list all the files and their object
> IDs?

Keeping in mind of course that there may be many objects for a single
file.  [lfs] find and lfs getstripe ought to help.  In fact I think
there is a recursive option to lfs getstripe, the output of which you
would simply need to reformat.

b.