[Lustre-discuss] ACL question

Daniel Kobras kobras at linux.de
Mon Oct 26 17:44:01 PDT 2009

Hi!

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 05:35:36PM -0600, Robert LeBlanc wrote:
> Well, my little trick isn't working right now. I'm not sure how to debug
> this.

With Lustre, the MDS authorizes access when a client first touches a certain
file. Once it's cached, the client handles authorization itself. If you
experience erratic behaviour, this point to a difference in either nameservice
or ACL configuration between MDS and client. Are ACLs turned on on the MDT?
Does user2 show up as a member of group1 on the MDS? Is the Lustre group upcall
configured?

Regards,

Daniel.