[Lustre-discuss] intrepid kernel on jaunty

Papp Tamás tompos at martos.bme.hu
Thu Oct 29 01:30:19 PDT 2009

Ralf Utermann wrote, On 2009. 10. 29. 9:21:
> Papp Tamás schrieb:
>
>> Papp Tamás wrote, On 2009. 10. 28. 22:01:

>> Somehow I could make the debs, but not the modules, only these:
>>
>> liblustre_1.8.1.50-1_amd64.deb
>> lustre-dev_1.8.1.50-1_amd64.deb
>> lustre-tests_1.8.1.50-1_amd64.deb
>> linux-patch-lustre_1.8.1.50-1_all.deb
>> lustre-source_1.8.1.50-1_all.deb
>> lustre-utils_1.8.1.50-1_amd64.deb
>>

> then install lustre-source_1.8.1.50-1_all.deb, and build the modules
> using  'm-a  build lustre ' . You might need to chmod +x /usr/src/modules/lustre/debian/rules .

Yes, I'm a lame and you are right:)

Unfortunately still I get error after starting to build:

 checking for external module build support...
yes                          â
                                       â checking that modules can be
built at all... no                            â
                                       â configure: WARNING: Consult
config.log for details.                        â
                                       â configure: WARNING: If you are
trying to build with a kernel-source rpm,   â
                                       â consult
build/README.kernel-source                                         â
                                       â configure: error: Kernel
modules cannot be built.                          â
                                       â make[1]: *** [kdist_config]
Error 1                                        â
                                       â make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/modules/lustre'                       âŽ
                                       â make: *** [kdist_build] Error
2                                            â

tamas